Thursday, June 11, 2009

Quality Shih Tzu. NOT!!!



This is a story that happened to me. You may ask yourself why I'm telling this story? How could she be so stupid!!!

First let me tell you a little bit about myself. I have been breeding and showing German Shepherds for over 20 years. I do know a quality dog. So why did I purchase this so called Shih Tzu maybe it was the cute face she had when I got her. Did I do my homework on the breed? NO!, Am I embarrassed? YES!!!, Did I spend good money for this dog? YES!

I sent the pictures to the breeder to see if she would help me place her. She said no, but gave me other options. I could run an ad in the local paper, cut her down to see if her hair would grown in thicker. The last option that I would never dream of was to breed her. Hopefully these traits wouldn't be passed on to her pups. WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY! There was no help on the breeders end.

Im telling my story so people will be aware and learn by my mistake. Just because the puppy is AKC registered does not mean the pup is of quality. Please do your homework. Talk to breeders, Go to dog shows, read up on the AKC standards. Find yourself a reputable breeder before purchasing your new puppy.

Chennaynay was spayed and went to a pet home without her AKC papers. They love her dearly.

Deblyns Shih Tzu

No comments: